It’s a question that has caused fans of cinema to lose countless hours over debating: What is the best and worst of any given film franchise?
ScreenAge Wasteland aims to find the common ground by asking its community to participate in a collaborative ranking of the Halloween franchise. The 13 eligible films are:
- Original Timeline: Halloween (1978), Halloween II (1981), Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers, Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers, Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers
- Halloween III: Season of the Witch
- Reboot Duology: Halloween H20: 20 Years Later, Halloween: Resurrection
- Remake Duology: Halloween (2007), Halloween II (2009)
- Reboot Trilogy: Halloween (2018), Halloween Kills, Halloween Ends
Submit your ranking of the 13 Halloween films to email@example.com by Friday, October 20. All you have to do is order the films from best to worst (try NOT to do ties or “the rest” in your ranking), and include a sentence or two (no longer than a paragraph please) about each film (your favorite part, why it is great/terrible, etc.).
Here’s an example of what a response might look like for Pixar’s A Bug’s Life:
- Surely most people put this at the bottom of their list? For all I know A Bug’s Life is much better than I remember, but I think it was forever cursed as being “not as good as Toy Story.” I sure as hell know it is better than Antz though.
Once the deadline has passed, we’ll tally up the various rankings, cherrypick the best responses for each film, and put together a massive collab ranking to release during our July theme month focused around animated films!
NOTE: You can participate as long as you have seen at least 8 films. DO NOT rank films you have not viewed. The scores will be adjusted depending on how many films are on your ranking.
Are you up for the task? Comment below or email to confirm your involvement.
To see our previous community collab rankings, click here.
Thanks in advance to everyone who participates. You are the hero SAW needs.