I had almost 250 moments before I started to whittle it down to my final 100. I simply jotted down every single moment or scene that I could think of from every superhero movie to hit the big screen that stood out as superheroie?, funny, cool, sad and everything in between. Having to cut some genuinely fantastic moments, I was able to make my top 100 list that I still tinkered with up until this posting.
Here are the moments that were so close to making the cut. Some were even in the top 100 for a spell. Ultimately, I feel that other moments deserved to make the official list, but wanted to share this Cut List to give a taste of what to expect with the top 100 moments and also to simply share some fun superhero movie moments. Enjoy!
*Warning! Possible SPOILERS below! Proceed with caution!*
125. Shark Repellent | Batman: The Movie (1966)
Perfect example of wacky fun comics realized on the big screen.
124. Justin Hammer’s Dancing | Iron Man 2 (2010)
Sam Rockwell was great as villain Justin Hammer and his moves were even better.
123. First Flight into Wakanda | Black Panther (2018)
Simply a gorgeous introduction to an intricate comic book world like never before.
122. Highway to Hell | Megamind (2010)
It’s rare where we get to see the villain actually defeat the superhero, and with Megamind enjoying his victory to Highway to Hell makes it even sweeter.
121. Park Fight Scene | The Incredible Hulk (2008)
The Hulk emerges to battle the Army trying to take him down while watching Tim Roth’s Emil Blonsky going toe to toe with Hulk, makes for a pretty fun scene.
120. Tony Being Stabbed | Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
I will never forget the collective audible gasp in the theater when Thanos stabbed the vulnerable Tony Stark with everyone thinking that might be the end for Iron Man.
119. “I’m Mary Poppins Y’all!” | Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
Easily one of the funniest lines in the entire MCU delivered from one of the roughest characters around.
118. Steve Trevor’s Death | Wonder Woman (2017)
A well-done scene that was pretty emotional for viewers and our heroine while showing great self-sacrifice.
117. Hulk vs. The Hulk Buster | Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
We see Tony Stark’s Hulkbuster suit go one on one with an enraged and out of control Hulk. Some great fight sequences with plenty of jokes sprinkled in.
116. Wolverine’s Cameo | X: Men: First Class (2011)
Just three little words describe this scene…
115. The Climb | The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
Gorgeously shot with the incredibly building score and the chanting made this scene extremely hard to leave of the list.
114. Jumping off the Building | Shazam! (2019)
Probably the most superhero scene in the whole movie that was quick and cool.
113. Times Square | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)
Times Square at night is pretty much always a win and Spidey’s slo-mo save of the innocent bystanders was simply well done.
112. Meeting Harry Heck | The Punisher (2004)
Dude has a great voice.
111. Blade vs Reinhardt | Blade 2 (2002)
Blade rising from the pool of blood refreshed and Wesley Snipes showing off his Martial Arts badassery in a violent way makes for a fun scene.
110. The Trinity | Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)
Finally getting to see Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman on the screen at the same time made my inner kid excited.
109. Cap vs. Cap | Avengers: Endgame (2019)
The best thing was Captain America being annoyed at his own line of “I can do this all day.”
108. Going for the Hammer | Thor (2011)
Human Thor dispatching trained agents with the rain setting and Hawkeye watching the whole time is one of the best Thor scenes.
107. Sewer Fight | Justice League (2017)
Each member of the Justice League bringing their set of skills to the battle to save innocents while trying to work together was pretty fun moment. Flash’s finger tip push of Wonder Woman’s sword being the best of the whole scene.
106. Baby Legs | Deadpool 2 (2018)
I can’t even with this scene. I die laughing every single time I watch it.
105. Penguins Origins | Batman Returns (1992)
One of the best origin stories of any villain or superhero for that matter done in only a few minutes. Heart breaking really.
104. Coulson’s Death | Marvel’s The Avengers (2012)
Shocking to say the least. Agent Coulson was the “everyman” that some could connect with and try to be in his shoes as he witnessed and worked with super-powered beings. He did not die in vain.
103. Rorschach’s Death | Watchmen (2009)
Jackie Earl Haley’s acting and everything that led up to this point just made this moment all the more emotional.
102. Zod’s Transmission | Man of Steel (2013)
One of the most wicked scenes in all of superhero movies. Rivaling some of the best sci-fi horror films.
101. Harley Getting Dressed | Suicide Squad (2016)
Oh Margot Robbie. Seeing the original Harley Quin outfit was a fun little Easter egg and probably the best thing about this film.
Which superhero movie moments included here are you surprised to see that didn’t make the top 100?