The rules were simple, the competition was fierce, and the wagers were lighthearted. Besides, who wanted to spend the summer outdoors in the sun when they could have been sitting in an air-conditioned theater watching some of the latest blockbusters?
The Summer Box Office Season has ended, and we’ve settled into the inevitable slump until the Oscar-bait films start premiering in late October.
We had eight worthy competitors this year vying to take home the championship belt for Movie Wager Master. How did they do? How did the summer box office turn out? Let’s find out!
But first, to refresh our memory, you can find the movie wager rules here, and the competitors’ predictions here. Also, the person who took 1st Place will receive a ScreenAge Wasteland t-shirt of their choosing off of our RedBubble page.
THE TOP TEN
- Barbie ($612,009,254)
- Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse ($381,210,457)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 ($358,995,815)
- Oppenheimer ($310,531,000)
- The Little Mermaid ($298,136,761)
- Sound of Freedom ($181,967,046)
- Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny ($174,342,747)
- Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One ($170,547,466)
- Transformers: Rise of the Beasts ($157,066,392)
- Elemental ($153,380,994)
- LiquidSoap89 (45 points)
- Jacob Holmes (42 points)
- J-Mart (40 points)
- Nathan Austin (37 points)
- K. Alvarez (36 points)
- Sailor Monsoon (34 points)
- Marmaduke Karlston (33 points)
- Tarek (26 points)
Congrats to LiquidSoap89! Please email email@example.com to talk about collecting your prize!
Thanks for another great summer of movie wagering! Comment your favorite summer movie of 2023, and we’ll see you next year!