My apologies to the fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe for the following news: Disney has delayed the entire Marvel Studios slate of films post-2021. Indiana Jones 5 has also been delayed as a result.
Here’s a complete rundown of all the new Disney release dates:
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness – May 6, 2022 (from March 25, 2022)
- Thor: Love and Thunder – July 8, 2022 (from May 6, 2022)
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – November 11, 2022 (from July 8, 2022)
- The Marvels – February 17, 2023 (from November 11, 2022)
- Indiana Jones 5 – June 30, 2023 (from July 29, 2022)
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania – July 28, 2023 (from February 17, 2022)
- Untitled MCU Movie – November 3, 2023 (from November 10, 2023)
Additionally, four untitled 2023 movies from Marvel, 20th Century Studios and Disney’s live-action division have been removed from the calendar.
Meanwhile, over at Paramount, the studio has moved up The Lost City. The film (previously titled The Lost City of D) was set to open on April 15, 2022, but will now hit theaters on March 25, 2022.
The Lost City follows “a reclusive romance novelist (Sandra Bullock) on a book tour with her cover model (Channing Tatum) get swept up in a kidnapping attempt that lands them in a cutthroat jungle adventure.”
Are you sad to see the Marvel movies pushed back one release date slot? Which film are you most bummed got delayed? For me, it’s Indiana Jones 5!